Mercury dental fillings poisonous

Mercury dental amalgams poisonous

Every day, we do many things that increase the release of mercury vapor from amalgam fillings: chew gum, brush our teeth, use a Watt pick, have dental work done or our teeth cleaned, and consume hot foods and drinks. Even undergoing general anesthesia poses a risk due to oral manipulation by the anesthesiologist during intubation and mechanical stimulation to the teeth by the endotrachial tube.

Removing amalgams without taking special precautions dramatically increases mercury levels for over a month. One study found that immediately following removal amalgam fillings, plasma mercury levels rose three-to fourfold and tissue levels rose by 50 percent. Also, such a concentrated releases of mercury vapor can severely exacerbate preexisting neurological conditions.

Health and Nutrition Secrets (that can save your life), Dr Russell L. Blaylock, MD

Share this with your friends